- Explore the rich Tibetan heritage.
- Unwind in the hot springs of Tatopani.
- Explore the rich cultural heritage of Kathmandu Valley.
- Be amidst the divinity of Gosaikunda lake.
- Travel among wonderful views of the Himalayas.
The Tamang and Helambu region trek is a relatively easy but extremely rewarding trek offering unique experience in every step of the way. The chance to explore the typical Tibetan culture and at the same time enjoy nature at its very best is an experience one cannot afford to miss. The trek is sprinkled with yoga session and visit to various monasteries throughout which should bring out the spirituality in you. The trek is abundant in natural beauty, religious significance, cultural understanding and relaxation.
|Hotel||1 Star, 2 Star, 3 Star, 4 Star, 5 Star|
|Available Options||Mountain Flights, Cable Car|
Arrival at Tribhuvan International Airport, Katmandu
Upon Arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport, You will be met and greeted with a traditional welcome by TravHill representatives and be transferred to your hotel in Kathmandu. Welcome drink followed by tour briefing. Evening is free to explore as own.
Sightseeing in Kathmandu.
After breakfast your tour around Kathmandu will commence where you will be accompanied by a guide of your lingual preference. The tour will include a visit to the following places:
- Boudhanath: A major Buddhist stupa located at the north eastern outskirts of Kathmandu.
- Swyambbunath: Sitting atop a hill, it is the most prominent Buddhist pilgrimage site in Nepal and is one of many sites of Nepal included in UNESCO’s World Heritage List.
- Pashupatinath: The most revered temple by Hindus in Nepal, the temple carries a significance of mystical proportions and is a site to many important life events of Hindus.
- Kathmandu Durbar Square: Durbar Square or the Palace Square is ancient courtyard the then Malla Kings of Kathmandu Valley which is abundant is breathtaking architecture.
Overnight stay at your hotel
Overnight stay at Syabrubesi.
Syabrubesi- Gatlang Trek
From Syabrubesi we will ascend northwards to Gatlang. Along the way you will be treated to spectacular sights of Ganesh Himal , Gosaikunda range and the magnificent Goljang valley. Then on we will descend to Gatlang, a typical Tamang village that will enchant you with their hospitality.
Overnght stay at Gatlang.
Gatlang-Tatopani Trek via Chilime
After breakfast, we will make a 6 hour trek from Gatlang to Tatopani, a border town between Nepal and Tibet. The trek commence with a descent to Thangbuchet along the Bhotekoshi river, where the Chilime Hydropower dam is located. The trail also provides sights of the Langtang Range and Ganesh Himal. At Tatopani, you can unwind in the natural hot springs, which is believed to have healing powers.
Overnight stay at Tatopani.
Tatopani-Thuman Trek via Nagthali
Today’s trek begins with an ascent to Nagthali, which was once popular as a meditation center for local monks. The Nagthali hill also offers scenic sights of the Langtang Lirung, Ganesh Himal and Sanjen range among others. Thereupon, we trek downhill to Thuman, a Tamang village with Tibetan characteristics. The ancient monasteries and household with beautiful engravings are a sight to behold.
Overnight stay at Nagthali.
Today’s trek involves a descent towards Timure. After reaching Timure, we head towards Rasuwa gadi, an ancient fort used during the Nepal-Tibet war.
Overnight stay at Timure
The trail today follows the Bhotekoshi river as we head towards the village of Briddhim. Briddhim is an ancient Tamang village with wonderful monasteries.
Overnight stay Briddhim
Briddhim- Syabrubesi Trek
Today we will return to the starting point of our trek at Syabrubesi as we continue to follow the Bhote Koshi river and pass through beautiful terrace farms.
Overnight stay at Syabrubesi.
Syabrubesi-Sing Gompa-Chandanbari Trek.
On this day we will commence the second part of our trek as we enter a new topography and culture of the Langtang and Helambu area. The trek will also involve gaining some altitude as we initially ascend to Thulo Syabru that is ensconced within a valley. Then on we ascend further to reach Sing Gompa where we will stopover to visit the monastery and take in the wonderful view. Then on we ascend towards Chandanbari.
Overnight stay at Chandanbari
This day we make an early morning trek to Gosaikunda lake, a freshwater holy lake, which along with its associated lakes is listed in the Ramsar list.
Overnight stay at Gosaikunda.
Gosaikunda-Lauribina Pass-Ghopte Trek.
On this day we ascend to the highest altitude of our journey as we make way towards the towering Lauribina Pass from where you can also enjoy the view of the Langtang National Park. Then on we descent towards Ghopte.
Overnight stay at Ghopte.
Ghopte to Melamchi Gaon via Tharepati Pass Trek
Melamchi Gaon-Neding Trek
An interesting day’s trek lies ahead as we make an initial descent in one side of a valley and then ascend to the other to reach the village of Neding which holds high religious significance among Buddhists.
Overnight stay at Neding.
Neding- Tarkeghyang Trek
We make a quick trek to the village of Tarkeghyang so that it gives us time to visit the wonderful monasteries there.
Overnight stay at Tarkeghyang.
Explore Takphug Senge Dzong (The Tiger Cave Lion Fortress) & Druphug ,Dakini’s Secret Cave, Guru Rimpoche cave & Yanglesho
An interesting day awaits us as we visit and learn about the history of the ancient caves in the region that hold tremendous religious significance. We will visit Takphug Senge Dzong – The Tiger Cave Lion Fortress – where Milarepa sang his “Song of a Yogi’s Joys”. We will then explore Yangdak Chokgi Trakpuk – Completely Pure Supreme Cave – where Guru Rinpoche stayed. Guru Rinpoche, or the ‘Precious Master’, is the founder of Tibetan Buddhism and the Buddha of our time. Nearby there is a small cave Khandro Sangphug – The Dakini’s Secret Cave – where his consort Shakya Denma stayed. You will also get to visit a number of other sacred caves where Guru Rinpoche spent time, meditated and advanced the Buddhist belief system.
Overnight stay at Tarekghyang.
On this day we head towards Shermanthang where along the way we will pass through Bhumtang and Ganjawal.
Overnight stay at Shermanthang.
Explore the Nyida Rangchung Cave - Naturally Appearing Sun and Moon
On this day we explore the aptly named Naturally Appearing Sun and Moon Cave, where Guru Rinpoche resided for a short time. The region is predominantly inhabited by the Yolmopa community.
Overnight stay at Shermanthang
Shermanthang-Melamchi Pul Trek and Drive to Kathmandu.
We will initially descend towards Melamchi Pul from where we will make a four hour drive to Kathmandu.
Overnight stay at Kathmandu.
A day to yourself at Kathmandu.
Overnight stay at Kathmandu.
After Breakfast – free time till departure – A representative from TravHill Dot Com will transfer to Airport for onward destination with sweet memories of Nepal. We will drop you to Kathmandu Airport 3 hours before your flight time.
- Airport pick-up & drop-off transportation by private vehicle
- Twin /Double sharing deluxe accommodation in 2-3 star hotel with breakfast
- Sightseeing in Kathmandu. Escorted with English speaking guide. Private transportation. Entrance fees
- Ground transportation from Kathmandu to trek commencement location
- Ground transportation form trek end location back to Kathmandu
- Accommodation in normal tea house during trek
- Meals – Breakfast with 2 cups of tea/coffee, lunch, dinner – during trek
- Sleeping bag
- All necessary paper work & permits
- National Park entrance fee
- A First Aid and Eco trained & government licensed English speaking guide
- One porter between each two members during trek
- Accommodation, meals, salary, equipment, transportation & Insurance of trekking staff
- First Aid kids
- Travel & rescue arrangement
- All government taxes
- International airfare
- Nepal Entry Visa fee (US$ 40 per person for 30 days)
- Excess baggage charges
- Lunch/Dinner in Kathmandu
- Drinking Water, Electricity bills & hot shower during trek
- Medical evacuation in case of emergency
- Personal gear & clothing – these may be available for hire
- Tips, any expenses of personal nature, client’s insurance
- Soft/hard drinks
- Expenses incurred due to mishaps, landslide, strikes, political unrest etc. In such case extra will be charged as per actual
- Anything not specified in the Cost Include section