Kathmandu, Shishapangma Base Camp, Tibet
- Experience a cross country trek from Nepal to Tibet.
- Explore the beauty of the Tibetan Plateau.
- Pass through alpine floors, flush meadows, and beautiful glaciers.
- Behold the majesty of the Sishapangma.
Sishapangma, lying wholly in Tibet, is the 14th highest mountain in the world. Known in Tibetan as the “ god of the grasslands” the trek offers a unique experience of passing through the beautiful pasture, mesmerizing glaciers and views of the scenic Himalayas. This relatively easy trek leaves you with experience of a lifetime.
|Hotel||1 Star, 2 Star, 3 Star, 4 Star, 5 Star|
|Available Options||Mountain Flights, Cable Car|
Arrival at Tribhuvan International Airport, Katmandu and Drive from Kathmandu to Nyalam via Nepal Tibet border
Upon Arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport, You will be met and greeted with a traditional welcome by TravHill representatives, A brief orientation along with the necessary documentation will be carried out by our guide. We drive northwards towards Kodari, on Nepal- Tibet border. After completing the immigration formalities at the border we head towards Tibet through steep climbs and mossy gullies finally reaching Nyalam.
Overnight stay at Nyalam.
A day to acclimatize with the option of a short trek to Phukdro ritro
Given the high altitudes and risk of altitude sickness, it is highly imperative to acclimatize yourself with the surroundings. This is exactly what we will be doing on the day. You also have the option of making a short trek to Nyalam Pelgye Ling, a small temple linked to the 11th and 12th poet Lama and saint Milarepa, attributed to brings Buddhism to Tibet.
Overnight stay at Nyalam.
Trek to Drakpochen
This day the first day of the Tibetan Trekking will commence.After trekking for a couple of hours to the Tshongde Phu river valley you will have the option of either heading directly towards Drakpochen or make a small detour to the lake Tara Tsho. The climb to the lake is of about 2-3 hours and is remarkable for having neither an inlet nor outlet. Legend has it the lake emerged from a piece of ice brought by a Lama returning from Mount Kailash. We finally see out the night camping at the herder’s camp at Drakpochen.
Overnight stay at Drakpochen.
Trek to Shingdip
After breakfast, we climb uphill towards a ridge along hills with thick rhododendron. In the afternoon we make camp at the beautiful Shingdip.
Overnight stay at Shingdip.
Trek to Shishapangma Base Camp
Though relatively close from Shingdip, the base camp is still at an elevation of 450m higher. From Shingdip we head westwards towards the base camp. Along the way, you witness the view of the Jugal Himal. After about 2 hours of trek, you reach the base camp sitting by a beautiful glacial lake. However, Shishapangma is still out of view from the base camp. You may rest for some time at the base camp, and decide to explore around a little later.
Overnight stay at Base Camp.
Explore Boulder Plateaux and part of the route to the Advance Base Camp Trek back to Shingdip
In the morning we explore the Advanced Base Camp which offers an exquisite view of the Shisapangma. Finally, we make a return trek to Shingdip.
Overnight stay at Shingdip.
Trek to Kong Tso
We start out early to cross the Kong Tso La a pass between us and the majestic Kong Tso. Kong Tso is a holy lake associated with Guru Rinpoche and is a lifeline for the inhabitants of Nyalam. You may be lucky to catch the sight of the rare Blue Poppy along the way. After descending for about an hour, we settle at our campsite which offers a mystical view of the Shishapangma.
Overnight stay at Kong Tso.
Trek to Ngora
The trek down to Ngora is relatively easy. You pass through a glacial lake before heading down through alpine meadows. You also have the option of visiting Ralo Phuk, a cave hermitage of the 11th century Buddhist scholar.
Overnight stay at Ngora.
Return to Kathmandu
This day we make a return drive to Kathmandu. You stop over at the Last Resort for lunch. There you also have the option of trying out bungee jumping, which in fact is the highest jump in the world.
Finally, we return to Kathmandu for a farewell dinner.
- Kathmandu Nyalam Kathmandu private transportation & Cargo
- 2 nights in Hotel or better category in Nyalam
- Transportation by 4WD land cruiser in Tibet part
- China/Tibet travel permit/visa fees.
- Special Trekking permit for Shishapangma Base Camp parts.
- High Altitude Dome Tent and all meals on the trek.
- Toilet Tent
- English Speaking local Tibetan guide
- Supporting staffs (as experienced cook, kitchen staffs, porters) during trekking
- Yak and Yak man for trek (compulsory) / Local porters
- First Aid Kit
- Travel rescue arrangement
- International airfare
- Nepalese Visa Fee & re-entry visa fee
- Customs clearance in Tibet
- Accommodation & meals in Kathmandu Personal gears & clothing
- Personal gears & clothing
- Travel/medical insurance
- Alcoholic drinks, cold drinks, laundry
- Tips, any expenses of personal nature
- Medical evacuation in case of emergency.
- Expenses incurred due to mishaps, landslide, strikes, political unrest etc. In such case, extra will be charged as per actual
- Others expenses which are not mentioned in cost includes section.