Kathmandu, Khudi Village, paundi
Marsyangdi expedition is one of the most exciting stretches of whitewater adventure in Nepal. Many more rapids are continuous and world-class. This trip can be combined with round circuit trekking in the Annapurna region before and after or to the National parks for a longer expedition.
The rafting excursion in Marshyagdi River starts from 5 to 6 hours drive by bus from kathmandu to Nagdi or Bhulbhule. The journey on the Marshyangdi additionally includes trekking for a day. The whole excursion is four days of continuous adventure walking through villages, blending with local people and riding a succession of rapids down the river. There is no lack of spectacular mountain views on this trip as the mountains are visible every morning.
- Most exciting stretches of white water adventure in Nepal
- Combination with round circuit trekking in Annapurna Region
- Exhilarating Whitewater with Magnificent Mountain backdrops
- Adventure and challenge filled rafting experience
|Hotel||1 Star, 2 Star, 3 Star, 4 Star, 5 Star|
|Available Options||Mountain Flights, Cable Car|
Drive to Khudi- Bulbule
Leaving Kathmandu in the early morning, it’s a long eight-hour drive to Khudi. There is no rafting on this day, but the trek is enjoyable with beautiful views and typical Nepali villages along the way. At Khudi, all the gear is unloaded and a short hike follows. Once Bhulbhule is reached, camp is set up at one of the vantage points from where great views of the Himalaya can be had. Sunset views are inspiring. Lunch is provided in between the drive. Dinner & Overnight.
Bhulbhule - Ngadi - Khudi
Brekfast. This day starts with a short trek to the put-in point, Ngadi. Sights and sounds on this trek are engaging. Soon after lunch, the action begins as the trip actually starts here. Marsyangdi is full of thrills and spills and any keen rafter will vouch for it. The adventure gets off to a good start as many rapids appear soon after. Rapids Instant Karma, Twinkie, Adrenaline, and Mama’s Big Butt provide unimaginable thrills. The river is unforgiving; any mistake has to be paid for by a knock down. The first halt on the river banks is at Khudi where the camp is set up. Dinner & Overnight.
Breakfast. Each day the river looks bigger. Accordingly, the ride gets bumpier and there is much maneuvering to do. The area is surrounded by lush green jungle and the boat crashes through canyons. After five hours of fun on the rapids and canyons, it is time to stop for lunch on a choice sandy beach. After lunch more adventure follows on the rushing waters of the Marshyangdi which takes the rafters to the camping site before Middle Marsyangdi Hydro Dam, on one of the most beautiful and comfortable sandy beaches. Dinner & Overnight.
Dam - Paundi -Turture
Breakfast. This day begins with a transfer to Paundi which is beyond the Dam. As this concrete structure comes in the way, there is a break in the river journey and everything has to be carried across to a point further down from it. The next put-in point is at Paundi from where another 3 hours of rafting begins encountering Class III rapids. This wonderful trip ends at Turture. However, those wishing to carry on further down have an optional fifth day on the river. This day is an enjoyable scenic float from Turture to Bimalnagar with no rapids to tackle. Dinner & Overnight.
Paundi- Kathmandu Drive
Have Breakfast and Transfer to Kathmandu (5.5 hours approx.). Transfer to Hotel & Overnight stay at Kathmandu.
After Breakfast – free time till departure – A representative from TravHill Dot Com will transfer to Airport for onward destination with sweet memories of Nepal. We will drop you to Kathmandu Airport 3 hours before your flight time.
- Ground Transportation,(From Kathmandu tourist bus after rafting Local bus).
- Meals, (breakfast, lunch, dinner) during your rafting trip.
- River Permit.
- Necessary equipment as high quality self-bailing rafts, life jackets, helmets, plastic paddles, wet-suits winter) on certain rivers, dry bag for gear, camera barrels and all safety and medical equipment.
- Necessary Staffs (Guide, Helpers, Cook etc).
- Tented accommodation in beautiful river beach with camp fire.
- Safety Kayak.
- Food, accommodation, insurance for all staff and their transportation.
- Expedition elements include professional guides and leadership
- First aid kid box.
- Emergency evacuation assistance
- Mineral water, cold drinks and alcoholic beverages during the whole trip.
- Hotel accommodations & meals at if you stay anywhere at the hotel during whole trip.
- Things of personal use.
- Member insurance.
- Private Transportation.
- Sleeping bag
- Clean drinking water
- Personal Expenses
- Extra Activities not mentioned in above itinerary