Kathmandu Valley Bird Watching
Within the Kathmandu valley bird watching alone over 500 species of birds have been recorded. The lush hills that surround the valley offer a varied ecology ranging from primary and secondary forests of Rhododendron, Oak, Pine and Bamboo. The wetlands and open fields within the valley make up a welcome stopover for migratory birds at certain times of the year especially in November December and January.
Within the Kathmandu valley alone, a recorded 500 species of birds can be observed, primarily in destinations such as Nagarjun, Godavari, Phulchowki, Tau Daha and Bagmati and Manohara river. Kathmandu’s moderate climatic conditions with its forested hills surrounding open fields and wetlands makes this place a suitable habitat for diverse species of birds.Tour Highlight
- Different vegetation of sub tropical forest at the altitude of 2760 m.
- Variety of Butterfly over 100 species, wild mushrooms about 129 species, 177 species of birds and wild habitats can be observed.
- A record of 500 species of birds found in the hills of Kathmandu
- An wonderful experience for hikers and adventure seekers
- This trip is a great scenery including mountain views, wildlife exploration, interaction with local communities and observation of their culture and tradition.
|Hotel||1 Star, 2 Star, 3 Star, 4 Star, 5 Star|
|Available Options||Mountain Flights, Cable Car|
Arrive at Tribhuvan International Airport.
Upon Arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport, You will be met and greeted with a traditional welcome by TravHill representatives and be transferred to your hotel in Kathmandu. Welcome drink followed by orientation along with the necessary documentation will be carried out by your guide. Evening is free to explore as own. Overnight stay at your hotel.
Birding around Phulchowki Hill
Birding around Shivapuri National Park
Birding around Nagarjung area
Drop to airport for Departure.
After Breakfast – free time till departure – A representative from TravHill Dot Com will transfer to Airport for onward destination with sweet memories of Nepal. We will drop you to Kathmandu Airport 3 hours before your flight time.
- Airport pick up and drop
- All other ground transportations including deluxe tourist bus and private car
- All necessary transfers by private vehicle, Bird watching with Sr. Bird Guide as mentioned in the Itinerary with Pack Lunch and 4WD vehicle, Accommodation in Kathmandu with mentioned or similar hotel on Bed and Breakfast basis, National Park Entrance fees, One Dinner.
- All government tax and Vat
- Personal expenses like bar bills, bottled water, telephone calls,laundry, tips etc., any extra expenses due to natural causes.
- International flight (can be arranged if needed
- Extra accommodation and days behind schedule
- Personal expenses
- Travel insurance
- Gratitude to the staffs