Kanchenjunga is World’s Third Tallest Mountain Trail on a remote mountain trail. Located in the far north-eastern corner of Nepal, Mt. Kanchenjunga is considered to be one of the most beautiful mountain massifs in the world. The name Kanchenjunga means ‘Five Treasures of the Great Snow’ which is in reference to the five summits that make up Kanchenjunga.A virgin trail in many respects, a Kanchenjunga trek offers a unique experience to travellers seeking something new. The sight of the mighty Kanchenjunga in itself leaves you speechless. This combined with the warmth and simplicity of the mountain folks leaves you humbled.
The highlights of the Kanchenjunga trek are the magnificent views of Kanchenjunga Massif, varied landscapes of forests, rivers, glaciers and enchanting forests of rhododendrons. Spread in an area of 2035 sq. km., Kanchenjunga Conservation Area is another attraction of this trek where you will find rare and unique flora and fauna including rhododendrons, orchids, muck deer, snow leopard, Asiatic black bear, red panda etc. Kanchenjunga area is also a global hotspot for plant biodiversity and as many as 23 species of rhododendrons and over 2000 flowering plants have been identified here.
The Kanchenjunga Trek allows you to discover the unique local culture and lifestyle of the local people who live in tranquil villages that stretch beyond the border to Tibet and Sikkim. The region is rich in ethnic diversity and culture with over 11 ethnic communities including Limbus, Sherpa, Rai, Chhetri and Brahmins. The area also hosts a score of monasteries, chhortens, temples, prayer-walls which forms a tapestry of rich cultural heritage.Tour Highlight
- Explore the metropolitan cities of Kathmandu and Biratnagar.
- Behold Kanchenjunga, the 3rd highest mountain of the world and second highest in Nepal.
- Trek through the idyllic setting of rural Nepal.
- Get a taste of the Tibetan Buddhist culture of the local inhabitants.
|Hotel||1 Star, 2 Star, 3 Star, 4 Star, 5 Star|
|Available Options||Mountain Flights, Cable Car|
Arrival at Tribhuvan International Airport, Katmandu
Fly to Biratnagar (262m).
Fly to Suketar & trek to Mitlung (2,245m).
Mitlung to Taplethook (1,380m).
Tailhook to Amjilosha (2,308m)
Amjilosha to Gyapla (2,730m).
Gyapla to Ghunsa (3,595m)
Acclimatize and Explore around Ghunsa (3,595m).
Ghunsa to Kambachen
Kambachen to Lhonak
Trek to Pangpema (Kanchenjunga North Base Camp) and Back to Lhonak (5105m).
Trek to Ghunsa
Back to Amjolosha
Amjilosha to Chhirua
Chhirua to Suketar
Fly to Kathmandu via Biratnagar
Free Day at Kathmandu
Final Departure to your home.
- Airport pick-up & drop-off transportation by private vehicle
- One night accomodation
- English Speaking guide and one Porter between each 2members
- All entrance fee
- All ground transfers as per our given itinerary.
- 1 Breakfast, 2 Lunch and 1 Dinner
- International Airfare
- Nepal Visa fee (US$ 40 per person for 30 days)
- Travel Insurance
- Medical evacuation in case of emergency.
- Items of personal nature i.e. Soft/hard drinks, Tips etc.
- Anything not specified in cost include sections