Gosaikunda Lake Trek
Gosaikunda is a trek to a holy lake named Goshainkunda. Gosaikunda is an alpine freshwater lake in Langtang National Park. The Trisuli River is formed from the melting of the lake. The lake remains frozen for six months in winter. Gosainkunda is considered the divine place of hindu and Buddhist people. It is believed that the water of the lake is holy and can wash off the sins of people. During the full moon in August, the sacred lake of Gosainkund is the goal among the thousands of Hindu and Buddhist pilgrims.
In Gosaikunda is a Holy lake you can trek for about 4 days to reach Gosaikunda. It is best done after some acclimatizing in Langtang or Helambu. From either Dhunche or Syabru, the trails generally ascend across forests. On the way you will also come across a monastery and a cheese factory. Above here, the trail climbs through tall fir stands before emerging above the tree line for increasingly panoramic views of the high peaks and finally entering the barren upper reaches of the Trishuli river, where glacial moraines and rockslides have left a string of half a dozen lakes (kund).
During Gosaikunda Trekking, we climb up to (4,610m) Lauribina pass, explore tropical Helambu Sherpa & Tamang village. Along the way, we meet friendly and hospitable people with strong family and cultural ties.Tour Highlight
- Picturesque and scenic Gosaikunda and Bhairab Kunda.
- Close touch with local people activities and wild nature.
- Offers the great view of Rocky Mountains.
- An alpine freshwater lake in Langtang National Park
- Explore Tropical Helambu Sherpa & Tamang Village
|Hotel||1 Star, 2 Star, 3 Star, 4 Star, 5 Star|
|Available Options||Mountain Flights, Cable Car|
Kathmandu Airport Arrival
Drive to Sundarijal and trek to Chisapani
Trek from Chisapani to Tukunsang
Trek to Ghopte
Trek from Ghopte to Gosaikunda
Rest day at Gosaikunda
Trek to Dhunche
Drive Back to Kathmandu
Free Day at Kathmandu
- Airport Transfers
- Hotel Accommodation in 3 Star Hotel in Kathmandu with Daily Breakfast
- Teahouse/ lodges during the trek
- Full meals (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner) during the trek
- An experienced 1 trekking guide & 1 porter during the trek
- All required permits
- First aid medical kit
- All government taxes
- Clean Drinking Water per bottle/ per day/ per person
- Nepal Visa fees
- International flight
- Personal expenses
- Extra accommodation and meals behind schedule
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Tips to guide & porter
- Personal Expenses
- Extra Activities other than mentioned in above itinerary/ cost inclusion section