HIKING AROUND SHIVAPURI NATIONAL PARK
This Shivapuri national park is the nearest to the capital city, Kathmandu.The distance between Kathmandu and Shivapuri Nagarjun National Park is 12 km. The road distance is 17.2 km. It is a major watershed providing drinking water to Kathmandu’s burgeoning urban population. Shivapuri National Park is rich in bird species and plants, and is the only walled protected area in Nepal. It serves as habitat for the relic Himalayan dragonfly, and harbors 16 species of endemic flowering plants. The numbers of other fauna species found in the Park include 19 mammals, 311 birds, and three hereto species. Some 449 species of vascular plants are recorded present in the Park.
Hiking around Shivapuri National Park offers you a unique experience of the rural life just a few kilometers away from the capital and has the added benefit of being suitable for all seasons. The hiking as well offer superb Himalayan views of Langtang Himalayan views, Rolwaling Himalayan views , Kathmandu valley view, Budhanilkantha temple, Nangi Gompa & the dense forest.
Cap off your journey in the tranquil environment of Shivapuri which caters to every need of a traveler. Pack your bags and experience the Kathmandu valley like never before.Tour Highlight
- Hiking around Shivapuri National Park offer majestic view of Mountain Ranges and natural trails in between
- Catch the aerial view of Kathmandu valley through the watchful gaze of the Shivapuri hill
- Explore the diverse and rare flora and fauna inside National Park
- Traverse the mighty hills surrounding Kathmandu valley
- Experience the tranquil ambiance of Nagarkot
|Hotel||1 Star, 2 Star, 3 Star, 4 Star, 5 Star|
|Available Options||Mountain Flights, Cable Car|
Arrival at Tribhuvan International Airport Kathmandu
Upon Arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport, You will be met and greeted with a traditional welcome by TravHill representatives and be transferred to your hotel in Kathmandu. Welcome drink followed by orientation along with the necessary documentation will be carried out by your guide. Evening is free to explore as own. Overnight stay at your hotel.
Drive to Budhanilkantha and trek to Shivapuri
From Budhanilkantha, the trail leads to Shivapuri, which is the second highest hill within which the Kathmandu valley is ensconced and is also the site of the Shivapuri National Park.
The trek begins from the southern border of the hill up to the Nagi Gomba which will take around two and a half hours. The place houses the nunnery monastery. Beyond the monastery, the trek includes an uphill climb for another 3.5 hours which rewards you with the glimpses of various types of vegetation. Once you are at the Shivapuri hill, you can view various mountains including Mount Ganesh and Mount Langtang Ranges.
Overnight stay at Shivapuri.
Shivapuri Lekh to Dhap
For about an hour, we will trek on a plain trail. The mountains on the northern side seems fascinating and hike slowly uphill to the hill. On the top of hill, we will have your lunch. From that point, hiking 3 hours flat trail lead to you Chisapani trek. The route you follow is quite smooth and you will stroll around the green terraced farms and natural vegetation on the way. The trek offers one the experience of various flora and faunas which culminates into Dhap, which is an expansive and beautiful field surrounded by forests. Have Dinner and Overnight stay at Dhap.
Dhap to Nagarkot
Have Dinner & Overnight stay at Nagarkot.
Nagarkot to Changunarayan and drive to Kathmandu
Overnight stay at your hotel.
Kathmandu: A day for yourself
Departure from Kathmandu
After Breakfast – free time till departure – A representative from TravHill Dot Com will transfer to Airport for onward destination with sweet memories of Nepal. We will drop you to Kathmandu Airport 3 hours before your flight time.
- Airport Pick up & Drop Transportation by private vehicle
- Twin /double sharing 2-3 star accommodation at Kathmandu with breakfast
- Sightseeing in Kathmandu escorted with English speaking guide.
- Private transportation
- Accommodation in Normal tea house during trek/hike
- Meals – Breakfast with 2 cups of tea/ coffee, lunch, dinner – during the trek
- Langtang trekking map for group
- All necessary paper work & permits
- A First Aid and Eco trained & government licensed English speaking guide
- One porter between each two members during trek
- National Park fee
- First Aid Kit
- Travel & rescue arrangement
- All government taxes
- Farewell dinner
- International Airfare
- Sleeping bag
- Nepal Visa Fee (USD 40 for 15 Days)
- Lunch/Dinner in Kathmandu
- Drinking water, Hot shower and Electricity bills during trek
- Medical evacuation in case of emergency
- Personal gear & clothing – these may be available for hire
- Tips, any expenses of personal nature, client’s insurance
- Soft/hard drinks/ water
- Expenses incurred due to mishaps, landslide, strikes, political unrest etc. In such case extra will be charged as per actual
- Anything not specified in the Cost Include section