Nepal offers fabulous destinations to see beautiful specimens of butterflies . Nepal has 651 species of butterflies which is 3.72 percent of the world’s butterflies. Butterfly watching favored by Kathmandu’s mild day time temperatures which hovers around 18ºC in mid-winter, there are butterflies all year round.
The best seasons for butterfly watching are late March/April, mid May/mid June and late August/September. About 10 percent of the butterflies in Nepal are Palaearctic species found at above 3,000 m, and about 90 percent Oriental species are found around Swayambhu, the base of the hills and forest streams at Godavari, Nagarjun, Budhanilkantha and Sundarijal.Tour Highlight
- Nepal has 651 species of butterflies which if 3.72 % of the world butterflies.
- 10% of Palaearctic species of butterfly found above 3,000m and about 90% Oriental species can be seen around Kathmandu valley.
- Hike up to the Shivapuri forest & spend the full day around watching butterflies
- Mild walk from Sundarijal to Chisapani, varieties of butterflies to observe
- Nagarkot, and the way to Changunarayan, an ideal place for butterfly watching
|Hotel||1 Star, 2 Star, 3 Star, 4 Star, 5 Star|
|Available Options||Mountain Flights, Cable Car|
Kathmandu Tribhuvan International Airport
Upon Arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport, You will be met and greeted with a traditional welcome by TravHill representatives and be transferred to your hotel in Kathmandu.
Back to Kathmandu
- Airport picks up and drops off
- Entrance Fees of all Historical Sites
- Government Licensed holder tour guide
- Private Transportation during the Tour
- Hotel ( with Breakfast) as per your choice in Kathmandu/Chisapani/Nagarkot
- All the government tax, VAT and service charges
- Personal Expenses of your own
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu/ Chisapani/Nagarkot
- Tips for the Guide/Driver
- Any other expenses which are not in ‘Cost Includes’ Section