- Explore the most picturesque places in the country.
- Discover the nature gifted sites of Jomson, Kagbeni and Lo Manthang.
- Experience serenity, beauty and divine solitude at its zenith.
- Explore the rich cultural heritage of Kathmandu Valley.
Located to the top of the Kaligandaki river in the central north of the country, Mustang offers it all-from nature, adventure to spirituality, divinity. Upper Mustang is not only a sacred place, it is a cultural hub of people who celebrate culture, language, tradition which is similar to those of Tibetan people. A trip to upper Mustang will take you deeper within yourself as much the distance you will travel. the saying that “not only the destination but the journey should be beautiful” fits perfectly with this trip. Each and every part in the whole mustang region feels like myth, because it is unbelievably mystical. This trek to Lo-Manthang will take you through high altitude desert country, you will climbing in and out of the huge sided valley of the Kali Gandaki, getting to have glimpse of the world’s deepest gorge which the Kali Gandaki runs through. Adding to that, throughout the region you will be able to see innumerable ancient Buddhist monasteries all your way.
|Hotel||1 Star, 2 Star, 3 Star, 4 Star, 5 Star|
|Available Options||Mountain Flights, Cable Car|
Arrival at Tribhuvan International Airport, Katmandu
Sightseeing in Kathmandu.
After breakfast your tour around Kathmandu will commence where you will be accompanied by a guide of your lingual preference. The tour will include a visit to the following places:
- Boudhanath: A major Buddhist stupa located at the north eastern outskirts of Kathmandu.
- Pashupatinath:The most revered temple by Hindus in Nepal, the temple carries a significance of mystical proportions and is a site to many important life events of Hindus.
- Swyambbunath: Sitting atop ahill, it is the most prominent Buddhist pilgrimage site in Nepal and is one of many sites of Nepal included in UNESCO’s World Heritage List.
- Kathmandu Durbar Square: Durbar Square or the Palace Square is ancient courtyard the then Malla Kings of Kathmandu Valley which is abundant is breathtaking architecture.
Overnight stay at Kathmandu
Travel from Kathmandu to Pokhara.
Pokhara can be reached in around 6 to 7 hours by road depending upon the season, or through flight in less than an hour. Situated in the lap of beautiful snowy mountains Pokhara is a beautiful city with lakes and caves.
Overnight stay at Pokhara.
Pokhara - Jomsom - Kagbeni Trek
After breakfast, an early morning fligt from Pokhara will take you to to Jomsom in just 20 mins. Jomsom is a major village on the Kaligandaki region which used to link the ancient trans-Himalayan salt road to Tibet, it is also the district headquarter of Mustang. A 3 hrs trek from Jomsom, with Horses on its gradual path on Kaligandakibed will take you to Ekley-bhatti village. From here an easy walk you will take you to Kagbeni which is a very interesting village. On arrival, after check in the hotel, in afternoon you are free to stroll around the village.
Overnight stay at Kagbeni.
Kagbeni – Chele Trek
Kagbeni is the entry point to upper Mustang. From Kagbeni, a challenging trail leads up to the east bank of Kali Gandaki and climbs over many ridges as it heads north. After, this in a 5-6 hours walking time, you will pass through an interesting cave, Gompa crossing place of Tangbe, Chhuksang and reach Chele.
Overnight stay at Chele.
Chele - Gilling Trek
An ascending trail leads Samar, from Chele. This trail climbs above Samar to a ridge, and descends into a large gorge past a Chorten painted in white, red, black and yellow, all pigments made from local rock. From here with 6/7 hours of walking you can reach another beautiful valley with juniper trees and then to a place called Bhena and then to Giling.
Overnight stay at Camp.
Gilling – Tsarang Trek
At Geling, the trail climbs gently through field up the centre of the valley; it passes above Tama Gaon and its imposing Chorten. After crosses Tangmar Chu River, with a short climbing enters Tsarang. Total walking time takes about 5/6 hours.
Overnight stay at Tsarang.
Tsarang - Lo Mangthang Trek
After spending the initial part of the exploring Tsarang, we will then head northwards to Lo Mangthang
Overnight stay at Lo Mangthang.
Explore Lo Manthang
Lo Manthang is a very interesting place which is resident to only 150 houses and few Lama Residencies. A blood drinking festival is held, which connects to similar kind of festival in Tibet and Ladhak regions.
Overnight stay at Lo Manthang.
Return Trek from Lo Manthang to Ghami.
Overnight stay at Ghami.
Overnight stay at Samar.
Overnight stay at Kagbeni.
The trek involves retracing our steps from Kagbeni to Jomsom.
Overnight stay Jomsom.
We will take an early morning flight from Jomsom to Pokhara. The remaining part of the day can be spent exploring the beautiful lake city of Pokhara.
Overnight stay at Pokhara.
Free Day in Kathmandu, Overnight in Hotel
After such a challenging and nature deep trek, you would definitely love a day of rest, or you can use it for a day shopping around Kathmandu City. You will be driven to farewell dinner in the evening with a cultural dance.
Free Day in Kathmandu
Departure from Kathmandu
- Airport Pick up & Drop Transportation by private vehicle
- Twin /Double bed sharing accommodation in 2-3 stars with breakfast
- Sightseeing in Kathmandu. Escorted with English speaking guide. Private transportation. Entrance fees
- Kathmandu Pokhara Kathmandu Tourist Bus Transporttaion
- Pokhara Jomsom Pokhara flight fare for members & guide
- Accommodation in Normal tea house during trek
- Meals (Breakfast with 2 cup of Tea & Coffee, lunch, dinner – during trek
- Sleeping bag
- Everest trekking map for group
- All necessary paper work & permits
- Annapurna Conservation Area Permit fees
- Upper Mustang Special Permit
- A First Aid and Eco trained & government licensed English speaking guide
- One porter between each two members during trek
- Accommodation, meals, salary, equipment, transportation & Insurance of trekking staff
- First Aid Kit
- Travel & rescue arrangement
- All government taxes
- Farewell dinner
- International Airfare
- Nepal Visa Fee (USD 40 for 30 Day)
- Excess baggage charges
- Lunch/Dinner in Kathmandu and Pokhara
- Drinking water ,Hot Shower ,Eletricity charging bills
- Medical evacuation in case of emergency
- Personal gear & clothing – these may be available for hire
- Tips, any expenses of personal nature, client’s insurance
- Soft/hard drinks
- Expenses incurred due to mishaps, landslide, strikes, political unrest etc. In such case extra will be charged as per actual