- Trek through the most famous mountainous trekking route.
- Explore the rich cultural heritage of Kathmandu Valley.
- Indulge yourself in the close up views of the mighty Himalayas.
- Explore the rich diversity of flora and fauna in the hills.
- Explore the majestic Gokyo.
- Test your endurance at some serious altitude.
- Immerse yourself in the culture and tradition of the people from the Himalayas.
Heading off to Everest form Jiri is perhaps the best possible way to approach it as we follow the old route of the Everest expedition used in the 1950’s up to the 70’s. It provides an opportunity to explore the rich cultural and biological diversity of the mid-hills as we head to the Himalayas. This trek also adds a bit more to the traditional trek to Everest, by enabling you to experience the culture and tradition of the Himalayan folks, which will provide a better understanding of their lifestyle and bring greater appreciation of the work they do. This combined with the opportunity to scale the Gokyo Ri and behold the Gokyo Lakes is every trekkers delight.
Get intimate with nature to reacquaint with yourself.
|Hotel||1 Star, 2 Star, 3 Star, 4 Star, 5 Star|
|Available Options||Mountain Flights, Cable Car|
Arrival at Tribhuvan International Airport, Katmandu
Sightseeing in Kathmandu.
After breakfast your tour around Kathmandu will commence where you will be accompanied by a guide of your lingual preference. The tour will include a visit to the following places:
- Boudhanath: A major Buddhist stupa located at the north eastern outskirts of Kathmandu.
- Pashupatinath: The most revered temple by Hindus in Nepal, the temple carries a significance of mystical proportions and is a site to many important life events of Hindus.
- Swyambbunath: Sitting atop a hill, it is the most prominent Buddhist pilgrimage site in Nepal and is one of many sites of Nepal included in UNESCO’s World Heritage List.
- Kathmandu Durbar Square: Durbar Square or the Palace Square is ancient courtyard the then Malla Kings of Kathmandu Valley which is abundant is breathtaking architecture.
Kathmandu- Jiri Drive.
Today we will trek from Jiri to Deurali which should take around 5 and half hours. On our way we will ascent to Mali Danda and then descend gently towards Shivalaya where we will stopover for lunch. Overnight stay at Deurali.
Today we will make our way towards Sete which should take roughly six hours. On our way we will pass through Bhandar and Kenja where we will stopover for lunch. You will be accompanied by beautiful scenery of the mountains all the way. Overnight stay at Sete
After breakfast we head towards Junbesi trekking for about 6 hours. On our way we will pass through some typical Sherpa settlements shuch as Dagchu and Goyem and you will also be able to enjoy the wildlife diversity in the region. Overnight stay at Junbesi.
On this day we trek towards Nunthala, initially ascending to Phurthung from where you will be able to behold panoramic views of the Everest, Thamserku, Kantega and many more. Then on we will descend towards Ringmo Khola passing through Takshindo Pass and the reach Nunthula. Overnight stay at Nunthala
On this day we descend aling the Dudhkoshi river and then ascend through Sherpa and Rai Villages to reach Kharikhola. Overnight stay at Kharikhola.
Today we head towards Puiyan passing through forests and the Dudh Koshi Canyon. Overnight stay at Puiyan.
On this day we ascend towards Phakding crossing the Lukla airport in the process. Overnight stay at Phakding.
Phakding- Namche Bazar Trek
On this day you will trek to Namche Bazar, a gateway to Everest and a spot for altitude acclimatization. All necessary permits and documentations will be arranged by your official guide. Overnight stay at Namche Bazar.
Rest day at Namche Bazar
Apart from visiting areas in and around Namche Bazar, this day marks an important day for travelers to acclimatize oneself to the significant altitude. Your guide will instruct you regarding the steps to be undertaken in order to properly acclimatize to local conditions and mitigate any risk of altitude sickness.
You also have the option of visiting places such as the Edmond Hillary School and the Everest View Hotel. Overnight stay at Namche Bazar
Namche Bazar- Thame Trek
Today we will make a picturesque trek from Namche Bazar to Thame. Overnight stay at Thame.
Waking early we will climb the Thame monastery and further explore local Buddhism including 40 year-old Gompa and learn about its inner workings and the lives of its monks. We will return the same way close top Namche and then we will Climb to Syangboche, then trek to two serene Sherpa villages, Khumjung and Khunde where Sir Edmund Hillary established his first hospital and Khumjung 3790 m where he established a school, both in the early sixties. The Khumjung Gompa possess what is supposed to be a Yeti skull. Overnight stay at Khumjung.
ON this day we head towards Dole passing through the village of Mong and Phortse Tenga in the process. Overnight stay at Dole.
After breakfast we will commence our steep but equally rewarding climb through conifer and rhododendron forests as we make our way to Machhermo. Overnight stay at Machhermo.
On this day we ascend through trails that are bestowed by beautiful skyline dominated by Mt Choyu. We will finally ascend past the largest of the lakes Dudh Pokhari to Gokyo. Overnight stay at Gokyo.
The day will be spent exploring the majestic Gokyo Lakes. The day will also be devoted to acclimatizing to local conditions. Overnight stay at Gokyo.
Gokyo – Chhyugima (Dragnag) Trek
A long and arduous trek awaits us as we make our way towards Chhyugima. Along the way, we will cross the Ngozumpa Glacier. Overnight stay at Chhyugima.
Chhyugima-Dzonghla Trek .
We descend from the pass, cross a small glacier, negotiate the ice fall at the end of it and descend via Leisyasa to our camp at Dzonglha Kharka, a high altitude summer pasture directly beneath the north wall of Cholatse Peak. Overnight stay at Dzonghla.
Dzonglha- Lobuche Trek.
On this day we will trek Lobuche which should take around five hours, where you will be rewarded with excellent views of Nuptse, Lhotse and Everest. Overnight stay at Lobuchhe.
Lobuche-Gorakshep-Everest Base Camp Trek.
Your trail will take you along the western edge of the Khumbu Glacier initially to the small settlement of Gorakshep. The walk continues northward along the edge of the glacier before arriving at the shattered jumble of ice and snow that is the main camp site for expedition parties attempting to summit Mount Everest. Then on we will return to our accommodation for the night at Gorakshep. Overnight stay at Gorakshep.
We will make an early morning trek to Kalapatthar from where you will be able to behold the best possible view of the Mt Everest, Mt Lhotse, Mt Pumori, Mt Nuptse and other towering peaks. From Kalapatthar we will head towards Lobuche. Overnight stay at Lobuche.
Today we will descend to Dingboche passing through Thukla. Overnight stay at Dingboche.
There are many interesting excursions possible using Chhukung as a base each one revealing ever more spectacular views of the nearby high peaks. For the more energetic the climb to Chhukung Ri is very rewarding with spectacular views of the south faces of Nuptse and Lhotse and a great view of Kkongma La across the Nuptse Glacier. An alternative excursion is to Pareshaya Gyab, the base camp for assaults on Imja Tse formerly known as Island Peak.
On this day we descend towards Tengboche passing through passing through the Valley of Imja River and beautiful rhododendron forests. Overnight stay at Tengboche.
Tengboche-Namche Bazar Trek
A relatively easy trek ahead as we mostly descend for about 4 hours to reach Namche Bazar. Overnight stay at Namche Bazar.
Namche Bazar-Lukla Trek
Today we will make a rapid descent of about four hours to reach Lukla. In Lukla you will celebrate your trekking achievement with your guides with some local brews. Overnight stay at Lukla
Flight from Lukla to Kathmandu
Today’s travel will involve a short and scenic flight from Lukla to Kathmandu. Overnight stay at Kathmandu.
A day to yourself in Kathmandu
You will have the day to yourself to indulge in activities of your preference; perhaps collecting some souvenirs to take a little part of Nepal back home might tempt you. Overnight stay at Kathmandu
You will be taken from your hotel to the airport as per your schedule. You will reach the airport 2 hours prior to your flight. Finally we return to Kathmandu for a farewell dinner.
- Airport Pick up & Drop Transportation by private vehicle
- Twin /Double bed sharing accommodationi in 2-3 stars with breakfast
- Sightseeing in Kathmandu. Escorted with English speaking guide. Private transportation. Entrance fees
- Kathamandu / Jiri private transportation
- Lukla / Kathamandu flight for Clients and guide
- Accommodation in Normal tea house during trek
- Meals (Breakfast with 2 cup of Tea & coffee, lunch, dinner ) during trek
- Sleeping bags
- Everest trekking map for group
- All necessary paper work & permits
- TIMS & National Park entrance fee
- A First Aid and Eco trained & government licensed English speaking guide
- One porter between each two members during trek
- Accommodation, meals, salary, equipment, transportation & Insurance of trekking staff
- FIRST AID KIT & Travel & rescue arrangement
- All government taxes
- Farewell dinner
- International Airfare
- Nepal Visa Fee (USD 40 for 30 Day)
- Excess baggage charges
- Lunch/Dinner in Kathmandu
- Drinking water ,Hot Shower ,Tea coffee in lunch & Dinner time & electricity bills during trek
- Medical evacuation in case of emergency
- Personal gear & clothing – these may be available for hire
- Tips, any expenses of personal nature, client’s insurance
- Soft/hard drinks
- Expenses incurred due to mishaps, landslide, strikes, political unrest etc. In such case extra will be charged as per actual
- Anything not specified in the Cost Include section