- Trek through the most famous mountainous trekking route.
- Explore the rich cultural heritage of Kathmandu Valley.
- Scale the magnificent Island Peak.
- Indulge yourself in the majestic views of the mighty Himalayas.
- Immerse yourself in the culture and tradition of the people from the Himalayas.
Trek to Everest is perhaps on every trekker’s wish list. The prospect of being on the top of the world is always enticing. However, this trek adds a bit more to the traditional trek to Everest, by enabling you to experience the culture and tradition of the Himalayan folks, which will provide a better understanding of their lifestyle and bring greater appreciation of the work they do. This combined with the opportunity to scale the Island Peak is every trekkers delight.
|Hotel||1 Star, 2 Star, 3 Star, 4 Star, 5 Star|
|Available Options||Mountain Flights, Cable Car|
Kathmandu Airport Arrival (1345 meters).
Overnight at Kathmandu.
Kathmandu- Lukla Flight and Trek to Phakding.
AIn the morning you will make a scenic flight to Lukla which lies towards the southern entrance of Sagarmatha National Park and the Mount Everest. Upon reaching Lukla you will prepare and head towards Phakding during which you will trek along the Dudh Koshi River Valley.
Overnight at Phakding.
Phakding- Namche Bazar Trek
On this day you will trek to Namche Bazar, a gateway to Everest and a spot for altitude acclimatization. All necessary permits and documentations will be arranged by your official guide. Overnight stay at Namche Bazar.
Rest day at Namche Bazar
Apart from visiting areas in and around Namche Bazar, this day marks an important day for travelers to acclimatize oneself to the significant altitude. Your guide will instruct you regarding the steps to be undertaken in order to properly acclimatize to local conditions and mitigate any risk of altitude sickness.
You also have the option of visiting places such as the Edmond Hillary School and the Everest View Hotel.
Overnight at a Namche Bazaar.
Namche Bazar- Tengboche Trek
Today we will be ascending a bit closer to the Everest Base Camp as we travel some scenic routes to reach Tenboche which houses the pre-eminent Tengboche Monastery. Along the way you will be rewarded with some scenic delights of Mt Ama Dablam and Mt Thamserku. The trek will last for about 5 hours.
Overnight at a Tengboche .
In today’s trek we will be gaining some significant altitude as we ascend through some beautiful rhododendron forests to initially reach Pengboche. After a short hiatus at Pengboche, we will trek further north to the village of Dingboche which is blessed with some majestic Himalayan scenery.
Overnight at a Dingboche .
On this day, after a trek of about 5 hours, we will be at an altitude of almost 5000m from sea level, which is some serious altitude. Along the way we will be passing through the southern section of the glorious Khumbu Valley. On our way, we will also pass a tiny settlement of Periche that is home to the Himalayan Rescue Association Aid Post. The facility has international volunteer doctors that provide excellent care to trekkers for any signs of altitude sickness.
Overnight at a Lobuche.
Lobuche-Gorakshep- Everest Base Camp Trek
Today we will travel along the western edge of the Khumbu Glacier to reach Gorakshep. The place has excellent facilities for trekkers. After a short break, we will head towards the Everest Base Camp. A difficult rek indeed, but the destination is fraught with magnificent views of the Mount Everest, Khumbu Icefall and many other towering peaks. At the end, we will again make a return trek to Gorakshep.
Overnight at a Gorakshep.
On this day we will make trek to Kalapatthar before the crack of dawn to catch the early morning sunrise which is truly a sight to behold. The trek will be challenging and will take around 2 hours. After catching the majestic views of Mt Everest, Mt Nuptse, Mt Lhotse, Mt Ama Dablam among others, we will return to Lobuche.
Overnight at a Lobuche.
Overnight stay at Dingboche.
Dingboche-Island Peak Base Camp
An exciting trek ahead as we trek to the Island Peak Base Camp through some stunning valley rimmed with towering peaks. Upon reaching the base camp, we will start preparation to scale the summit of the peak.
Overnight stay at Island Peak Base Camp.
Scale Island Peak and Descend to Chukkung
We will start the day with a safety review and instructions from your guide on your equipment – harness, ropes, ice axe, carabiner, crampons – and some practice on the lower slopes of the mountain. You will then be guided up the increasingly steep slopes along clearly defined snow paths and fixed ropes. After some hours of serious effort you will reach the final summit ridge and then slowly make you way to the 6,189m summit of Island Peak. The spectacular vista from the summit will be imprinted in your memory forever.
Overnight stay at Chukkung.
Chukkung-Namche Bazar Trek.
Today we will retrace our steps through some familiar trails as we descend from Chukkung to Namche Bazar.
Overnight stay at Namche Bazar.
Namche Bazaar-Lukla Trek.
On this day we will make a long descent from Namche Bazar to Lukla. On the way we will stop over for some rest and meal at Phakding.
Overnight stay at Lukla .
Flight from Lukla to Kathmandu
Today’s travel will involve a short and scenic flight from Lukla to Kathmandu.
Overnight stay at Kathmandu.
Sight Seeing around Kathmandu.
After breakfast your tour around Kathmandu will commence where you will be accompanied by a guide of your lingual preference. The tour will include a visit to the following places:
- Boudhanath: A major Buddhist stupa located at the north eastern outskirts of Kathmandu.
- Pashupatinath: The most revered temple by Hindus in Nepal, the temple carries a significance of mystical proportions and is a site to many important life events of Hindus.
- Swyambhunath: Sitting atop a hill, it is the most prominent Buddhist pilgrimage site in Nepal and is one of many sites of Nepal included in UNESCO’s World Heritage List.
- Kathmandu Durbar Square: Durbar Square or the Palace Square is ancient courtyard the then Malla Kings of Kathmandu Valley which is abundant is breathtaking architecture.
Overnight stay at Kathmandu.
You will be taken from your hotel to the airport as per your schedule by our Travhill Representative. You will reach the airport 2 hours prior to your flight. Finally we return to Kathmandu for a farewell dinner.
- Airport pick up & drop off transportation as per itinerary
- Twin /double sharing accommodation at Kathmandu in 2-3 star hotel with breakfast
- Kathmandu /Lukla /Kathmandu flight fare for member & Nepali staff and cargo
- Accommodation in Tea House during trek and tent in Island base camp
- Meals (breakfast with 2 cups tea and coffee in Tea House, lunch, dinner) in trekking
- Sleeping bag
- All necessary paperwork and permits
- Garbage deposit
- Island Climbing royalty and National park fee
- Experienced cook, and kitchen boys in base camp
- Tents, mattress and cooking utensils
- First Aid and Eco trained & government licensed holder English trekking guide
- Trekking map for group
- Accommodation, meals, salary, equipment, transportation and Insurance of trekking staff
- Emergency Oxygen in base camp
- Satellite phone
- All government taxes
- One porter between two members during trek
- Farewell dinner
- International Airfare
- Nepal Visa fee (US$40 per person for 30 days)
- Excess baggage charges
- Lunch/Dinner in Kathmandu
- Climbing Guide & his equipments fees
- Water during tea house trek as per itinerary
- Tea Coffee in Lunch & Dinner time during Tea House trek as per itinerary
- Personal mountaineering gear
- Medical evacuation in case of emergency
- Tips for staff
- Client’s insurance, Items of personal nature i.e. soft/hard drinks etc
- Expenses incurred due to mishaps, landslide, strikes, political unrest etc. In such case extra will be charged as per actual
- Anything not specified in the Cost Include section
- Yoga and Meditation: Nepal, being famous for its natural method of treating the disease for years. This natural method of healing includes exercises, yoga, reki, meditation and physiotherapy.
- Visit Swayambhunath: The temple is also known by Monkey Temple. An ancient religious architecture lies atop a hill in the Kathmandu Valley, west of Kathmandu City.
- A day hike to Nagarkot: If you have just a day in Kathmandu and looking for an easy adventure activities like day hike in Kathmandu then this Nagarkot Changunarayan day hiking trip is the best option to escape from the hustle and bustle of Kathmandu and to explore the country side at the same time. You will be amazed to see just how much the local villages along the trail remain unchanged and still exhibit their traditional countryside lifestyle even though they are so close to the city on your day hike in Kathmandu.