- Sightseeing of historic places of Kathmandu valley
- Get glimpses of blissful mountains during the flight to simikot depending upon weather.
- Buzzing around Taklakot.
- Experience the majestic view of Mansarovar Lake.
- Trekking to Dolma La Pass
- Exploring Mt. Kailash while Prikrama.
Mount Kailash is considered holy by Hindus, Buddhists, and Jains. In ancient texts, it is referred to as the center of the world. So hundreds of pilgrims gather at the mount Kailash and carry their ritual ceremony. It’s an easier and faster way to reach the holy mount Kailash by Divine Kailash- Mansarovar Yatra. After landing on Kathmandu you will be driven to the hotel and next day you will be flying to the western city of Nepal, Nepalgunj to the village called Simikot. You will stay in a star hotel in Kathmandu as well as in Nepalgunj. And will take the helicopter flight from Simikot to Hilsa. Tibet is nearby Hilsa and entering Tibet private jeep will take you to Mansarovar.
|Hotel||1 Star, 2 Star, 3 Star, 4 Star, 5 Star|
|Available Options||Mountain Flights, Cable Car|
Kathmandu Airport Arrival
Airport pickup and transfer to your Hotel. -A short briefing about Kailash Mansarovar Yatra.
Dinner at Star Hotel.
Kathmandu Sightseeing & Fly to Nepalgunj (150m) – Overnight in Nepalgunj<strong> </strong>
Half day sightseeing of Pashupatinath, Budhanilkantha & Boudhanath Temple. Flight Kathmandu to Nepalgunj (1hr) & Transfer to Hotel in Nepalgunj OR drive to Surkhet (2hrs) and stay overnight at Surkhet depending upon the situation.
Fly Nepalgunj – Simikot (2900m) & Heli to Hilsa (3700m) & Drive to Taklakot (3900m) – Overnight in Taklakot
Flight Nepalgunj to Simikot (1hr). -Rest for few hours at Simikot. – Take Helicopter to Hilsa (20min – 12kg weight limit) & wait for other members to arrive at Hilsa (since it is a group visa and everyone has to enter Tibet side in one group) – From Hilsa drive to Purang border to Taklakot and stay at Hotel. We will stay overnight at Simikot or Taklakot depending upon the weather & other situations. (On the way we have to pass up to 3 Checkpoints where checking might take up to 1 hr in each post)
At Taklakot (3900m) – Rest Day – Overnight in Taklakot
Entire day free for Acclimatization
Drive to Manasarovar Lake (4550m) – Overnight in Mansarovar
Drive towards Mansarovar Lake (95 km). On the way, you will have to pass the first checkpoint. Then after driving for 70 km from Taklakot, we will reach Rakshas Tal. On the right of Rakshas Tal, you will see Gurla Mandhata Parvat & first view of Mount Kailash and Mansarovar lake. Drive from Rakshas Tal to Manasarovar Lake (25 km).
Start Parikrama of Manasarovar Lake (90 km – 3hr by bus). Take a holy dip & perform Puja.
1st Day of Parikrama – Drive to Darchen (4650m) & Yama Dwar & Trek to Dirapuk (4880m) – Overnight in Dirapuk<strong> </strong>
Drive to Darchen (35 km – 1 hr) and Yama Dwar (8 km) – the starting point for Kora. We will trek to Dirapuk for 14 km. You will visit the North face of Mt. Kailash and touch the feet of Mt. Kailash (Charan Sparsha). Travelers who do not want to trek around (Parikrama) Mt. Kailash can go back to Darchen wait for rest of the group to arrive from Parikrama.
NOTE: If you are not doing Parikrama, then you will still be waiting at Darchen (4650m)
2nd Day of Parikrama – On to Zuthulpuk (4670m) via Trek to Dolma La Pass (5700m) – Overnight in Zuthulpuk
Trek from Dirapuk to Dolma La Pass (8 km). About 3 km before reaching Dolma La Pass is the steep hill and quite difficult to walk. Also descending from Dolma La Pass is the same for up to 3 km. While descending you can see Gaurikund on the right. After walking for about 2 – 3 hrs we will reach Phedi. After some rest, we will start trek to Zuthulpuk (12 km trek for 6 hours).
NOTE: If you are not doing Parikrama, then you will still be waiting at Darchen
3rd Day of Parikrama – Trek to Darchen – Drive to Hilsa via Taklakot – Overnight in Hilsa / Simikot
After short easy Trek (8 km – 3 hrs), we will reach our bus pick up point. Then drive to Darchen (3 km) and merge with other members who were waiting. From there drive to Hilsa (also we will take helicopter to Simikot based on situation)
Fly Hilsa – Simikot – Nepalgunj & Fly back to Kathmandu – Overnight in Kathmandu
Fly to Hilsa to Simikot (20 mins) by Helicopter – Fly from Simikot to Nepalgunj (around 1 hr)/ Surkhet and fly back to Kathmandu (or proceed to Lucknow by Road)
Day 10: Transfer to Kathmandu Airport
Certificate of completion will be provided to you from Kailash Journeys. You will be free till your flight time. We will drop you at Airport 1-2 hour before flight time (30 mins drive).
Note: – Due to weather condition sometimes you may not be able to make your flight at your scheduled time. So we recommend you to keep one day additional while returning and please make sure your ticket is flexible to change your date.
- 2 nights (Twin sharing) at 5 star Hotel – Hotel Yak & Yeti / Annapurna or similar with vegetarian
- One night in 3 star Hotel – Hotel Batika with vegetarian meals (twin sharing)
- 2 nights at Taklakot (Tibet side) in 3 star category hotel with attached bathroom. At other places in Tibet side it will be dormitory Guest House on sharing basis with Tibetan common toilet.
- Pick up & drop transfers in Kathmandu and One half-day sightseeing tour in Kathmandu
- Necessary arrival / departure transfers in Nepalgunj.
- Kathmandu – Nepalgunj – Kathmandu air ticket (fixed wing – Yeti Air OR Buddha Air)
- Nepalgunj – Simikot – Nepalgunj air ticket (Fixed wing – Twin Otter aircraft OR Dornier)
- Simikot – Hilsa – Simikot by Helicopter (only 4 to 6 persons can be carried at a time)
- All Indian vegetarian meals in Tibet (breakfast, lunch & dinner) while on the tour
- Transportation in Tibet by Private luxury a/c coach and Tour around Lake Mansarovar
- English speaking Tibetan guide & one professional tour Manager
- Necessary experienced supporting crew (Cook, Sherpas, tour Manager)
- All necessary Kitchen & camping
- Oxygen for emergency use , Medical kit bag / First Aid kit
- One duffle bag, One back pack, One cap, One passport holders, One water proof windcheater jacket as a souvenir gift from our company
- Humla region restricted area permit & royalties
- All applicable taxes & service charges
- Horse riding expenses during the Mount Kailash Circuit (Kora)
- Your travel insurance, Insurance for emergency rescue & evacuation service
- Personal expenses and Tip for guide, driver
- Extra accommodation charge in Kathmandu, Nepalgunj, Simikot and Hilsa if flight is cancelled due to bad weather (Please make sure your air ticket is flexible to change dates)
- Visa splitting charge and extra transportation cost, if returning early from Tibet
- Any additional cost due to natural calamities and unforeseen circumstances